Monday, January 23, 2017

Sloth Hug Candy Pocket

Sloth Hug Candy Pocket- JMRush 
Approximate size: W 3.75” X H 6”
Approximate Pocket size: W 2.5” X H 3.25”

You can purchase the Silhouette design file here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222


1.Cut design pieces. (I used doubled sided card stock)
2. Fold the tabs on the sloth pocket base. Apply glue to the tabs. Fold forward and secure to the sloth shape of the pocket base. Glue the two hands and two feet without claws to their coordinating bases with claws.
Glue the sloth head with cut out eyes, mouth, and eyebrows to it’s matching base with only eyebrow cutouts.
3. Glue the sloth face to the coordinating oval shape with eye and mouth cutouts. I used enamel dots to accentuate the eyes on the full head combined piece. 
4. Using a foam adhesive square, attach the combined sloth face piece to the combined sloth head piece. Glue the nose into place.
5. Use foam adhesive squares to attach the combined sloth head to the large round head/neck piece. Glue the combined hands (Not the claws) to the coordinating shapes on the pocket base; aligning at the edges of the pocket base.
6. Use foam adhesive squares to attach the combined sloth head to the pocket base; aligning at the top of the pocket base. Tuck the large rounded neck piece under the pocket.
7. Tuck the sloth hands into the slots in the center. Use foam adhesive squares to attach the combined feet to each corner.
8.-9. Attach the heart with a foam adhesive square in the center between the hands and tuck under the claws. Place a foam adhesive square on the backside of the tail piece and place the tail on the backside of the pocket base. I finished with a ribbon and placed a chocolate square in the pocket:)


6 comments:

  1. I had trouble cutting the white portions of this design. The card stock kept getting caught in the design. I switched to different card stock and it kept doing it. I also had trouble putting this together especially the face area. Yours shows black eyebrows but, if they are cut out how would they show, no matter what I did I could not get them to show. I also had many pieces turned the wrong way and I had already glued them. I did get it completed but, it looks like a child did it. So wished it would have come out better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nellie:)
      Sorry you had problems. I guess I would start by asking what weight card stock you are using and if your cutting bade was set for the correct weight. Most all of my designs are made of 65-80# card stock. If you are using double sided card stock, like I did, you have to be careful that the pieces do not get flipped over after you pull them off the cutting mat. The eyebrows on this little guy are negative space. I use a lot of layers and foam adhesive squares in my designs because I love depth and shadows:) I hope these suggestions help. Please let me know if you have any questions.
      Thanks,
      Jenn

      Delete
  2. I cut this again, I still had the same problems with the face. This time I took the eyebrows of the black part so the color would come through. Cut out a bow that was small enough to work but, when I went to glue it on there was not enough space with out it going to far down into the pocket. Wished I could get mine to look like yours. The second one does look better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi:)
      Glad it's going better. If you have a chance, email me a picture and I will see what I can do to help you:)
      jmrushdesigns@gmail.com
      Thanks!
      Jenn

      Delete
  3. This is darling, and that's why I bought it. :) But I am having similar problems as Nellie Bee. I have been able to cut all images with the exception of the white parts. Just tearing up the paper on the small edges. I'm quite experienced with adjusting my Silhouette and papers accordingly. Please advise. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alicia:)
      Sorry to hear you are having problems. Nellie's comment today is the first that I have heard of any issues. I just recut the white section of this file. I went back to my original file to make sure that I had submitted the final draft of this little guy (There are usually 3 or 4 draft files that I alter and play with until I get one that I am pleased with...ha:) The only rough spot that I see are on the very tiny top of the claws. But, I had no problem getting the pieces off the mat. Have you tried using a heavier weight paper? Please let me know if that helps. Were you having trouble with the eyebrows like Nellie? I want you all to be happy with the design:)
      Thanks,
      Jenn

      Delete