Thursday, January 28, 2016

Collie Hug Gift Card Holder



Collie Hug Gift Card Holder-JMRush
Approximate Card size: 4” x 6” 


This card features character arms that open to release a hidden gift card section. This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.
You can purchase this design here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222




1.Cut design pieces. (I used double sided cardstock for the card base and I ended up changing the color of the card base from black to brown:).
2. Fold the card along score lines.
3. Apply glue the bottom of the side tabs on the card base. Secure by folding upward toward the card base.
4. Glue the large head piece with ear and eye cut outs to the head solid base. Glue the Muzzle piece with holes to it’s larger base.
5. Glue the smaller face piece to the combined head shapes. Glue the nose piece to the combined head shapes. Glue the inner ear shapes to the coordinating shapes on the combined head piece.
6.Using foam adhesive squares, attach the muzzle combined piece to the combined head piece. Use a small dab of glue to glue the bottom tip of the muzzle to the combined head piece.
7. Insert gift card and attach the head to the card base using adhesive foam squares. The paws tuck into the slots on the front. Using a foam adhesive square, attach the heart shape between the paws. Finish with adhesive gems for the sparkle in his eyes and a ribbon:)

6 comments:

  1. Love, love this file. Thanks so much for creating one with a collie. I can easily make this work for my shelties. I love how complex your 3D projects look and how easy they are to create. Your assembly instructions are so easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sherri:)
      I am glad the instructions were easy to follow. Tutorials are not my strength and I am never sure if what I write makes any sense;) Glad to hear the tutorial was helpful:)
      Thank you!
      Jenn

      Delete
  2. Jennifer, I just saw your designs on the silhouette store hoping to find a schnauzer hug treat box. Since I have a schnauzer I try to stick to the schnauzer theme for my groomer for treat holder as a gift. Any thoughts on doing a schnauzer? Your files are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there:)
      I actually have had several requests for a schnauzer. I have it on my list for a gift card holder but, will add it to my list for treat boxes as well. Thanks so much for your interest!
      Jenn

      Delete
  3. I so seldom find things of roughcoat tri color collies and I was so excited when I found your shop!!! Thank you!!! PS- I have a golden too and she wants a hug card of her own... any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bronwen:)
    I am so happy that you enjoy the Collie card. It may be a little while before I get to the Golden but, she is definitely on my list:)
    Thanks so much!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete