Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Yeti Hug Gift Card Holder



 Yeti Hug Gift Card Holder-JMRush
Approximate Card size: 4” x 6.25” 

This card features character arms that open to release a hidden gift card section.This design is compatible with both 8X12 and 12X12 mats.

You can purchase the SVG and Cricut file here:


You can purchase the Silhouette design file here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/485222



1.Cut design pieces.
2. Fold the card along score lines.
3. Apply glue the bottom of the side tabs on the card base. Secure by folding upward toward the card base.
4. Flip the Head/Beard Piece so that the bottom side is face up. Center and glue the Face onto the Head/Beard piece. 
5. Glue on the black solid head piece. Flip your combined head piece over so it is facing you.
6. Glue the teeth and eyes into place. Attach he nose by using a piece of square foam adhesive.
7. Glue on the hands and trim. Finish by adding a bow in-between the slots on the gift card section. I used adhesive dots to give the eyes a little extra pop:)

6 comments:

  1. i MADE THIS TODAY FOR A FRIEND FOR THE HOLIDAYS - i CANT WAIT UNTIL SHE GETS IT - i LOVE IT! I THINK I NEED A "HEAT MIZER" TO GO WITH IT :) GREAT DESIGN!! THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you get the colors for his face? Different colored cardstock? I am new and want to make this for a gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are right:) You can make your Yeti any combination of colors or textures just by using different cardstock. I used a light purple/gray for his face. I just started using electronic cutting machines about a year ago. It is so fun! I hope you enjoy it! If you have any questions, let me know:)

      Delete
  3. Great design, wish the assembly photo was larger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you would like to send your email to me at jmrushdesigns@gmail.com, I can then send you the tutorial images and maybe that would help you to enlarge them? The blog restricts my images size...sorry.
      Thanks!
      Jenn

      Delete